Brewed my forth batch this past weekend. Real simple hefeweizen for the warmer days ahead.
5lb Bavarian Wheat DME
1oz Tettnanger 3.5AAU
Stepped the grains for 20' at 155. Two lbs of DME and the hops at the start of the boil, the rest of the DME at 15'. I completely forgot to add the Carahell - noticed when I was running the wort chiller and there may have been a bit of swearing. Oh well, guess the beer will have a little less body. Still thinking about this, but I may split half the batch and rack onto some toasted coconut for a week. This is why I love homebrewing!
Speaking of experiments, the coffee IPA came out awesome. Great aroma and definitely picked it up in flavor too. I'll be making a few tweaks next time though. Need to sub out a hop (Cascade or Simcoe) for one that is a little more bitter/grapefruity. The hop profile was all sweet citrus, very little bitterness. I think that combined with a little more coffee will take this to the next level. I am getting low, so it's about time to brew again...
Bottled the blonde. If I did my calculations right, the beer came out around 3.5 ABV. Don't think it was supposed to be that low. Sample at bottling was definitely on the lighter side with a big ginger presence, so we'll see how it tastes in a few weeks.