Monday, December 30, 2013

December boxes

I ditched BeerAdvocate and moved over to BeerTrading (now TalkBeer) back in September. What a wonderful place, especially compared to BA. The community on TB is exponentially better, and it helped me back into the trading scene a little bit. First up was actually a trade with claaark13, who I had previously traded with on BA. He reached out about Allagash Resurgam (and who can blame him). I wasn't really particular about what he sent back, and this is what showed up:


Crooked Stave Persica Batch 1 and 2 ('13), Bruery Beauregarde, Bruery Oude Tart with Cherries, Bruery Bottleworks XII, Bruery Sour in the Rye with Kumquats


While this trade was in the works, I noticed that TB was having a Secret Santa BIF. This, along with the Blind Beer BIF, was a favorite of mine so I opted in. Received this haul from xpimptastikx:



Bruery Black Tuesday '13, Bruery Bottleworks XII, Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad '13, Prairie Ales Prairie Hop, Westvleteren 12, Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus '11, North Coast Old Stock '08, Prairie Ales Saint Somewhere, Austin Brewing Heavy Machinery IPA, Adelbert's Brewery glass, Austin Brewing glass, Night Shift taster, Espresso BBQ sauce, homemade jelly


What was especially awesome is both boxes showed up on the same day. Needless to say it was an awesome Thursday. Going forward, I will still probably keep trading to a minimum but I will certainly be more than I was on BA towards the end. Currently have a pending deal with OlavZipser that we are just waiting until the holidays pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment